Monday, August 5, 2013

I finally had the time to take some FOTD pictures wearing the Tom Ford Lip Colors. I know some of you are interested in knowing my thoughts on them – both the Pink Dusk and the Spanish Pink are probably the most coveted shades from his lipstick line so as a makeup enthusiast I have to have both. Though Pink Dusk was released as part of  his  previous lipstick line (the white tubes), it has been repackaged into the black tube now.
tom-ford-lip-color-spanish-pink-dusk
Tom Ford Lipstick retails for $65 in Australia, much more than what I would normally pay for a lipstick. Some of my favorite lipsticks such the Suqqu Creamy Glow and Chanel Rouge Coco Shine and Dior Serum de Rouge are around the $50 mark and they are superior. So judging by the price tag I expected Tom Ford lipsticks to be better. The packaging design is definitely more flashy and looks more expensive than the rest. It’s one of those lipsticks that steals the limelight -  as soon as you pull it out from the makeup purse there will be other girls ‘checking you out’ and trying to work out what is THAT lipstick?! The texture feels luxurious as well, as they are smooth, creamy and not as slippery as the Suqqu. The downside is that it feels heavier on the lips and less moisturizing compared to the Suqqu and Dior (both have a melting texture that keep your lips hydrated).  It offers full coverage with a single application. There is not much luminosity to the finish as with other lipsticks such as Suqqu or Chanel RCS. The sheen is kept subtle and I thought that it gave quite a sophisticated and grown up look. The lasting power of Tom Ford’s is the best as it lasts about 5 hours on me with minimum fading.
Differences between Pink Dusk and Spanish Pink :
Pink Dusk contains micro shimmers in the tube and Spanish pink has none. Spanish Pink looks slight more peachy than Pink Dusk. They are both slightly streaky on my lips, with the Spanish Pink being slightly more streaky than the other. However if I don’t compare them side by side, I won’t be able to tell the difference.
Left: Pink Dust Right: Spanish Pink
tom-ford-lip-color-spanish-pink-dusk-swatch
Pink Dusk on me is a neutral pink with a hint of rosey undertone. The shimmers are not noticeable on the lips.tom-ford-lip-color-pink-dusk-swatchtom-ford-lip-color-pink-dusk-swatch-1Overall Look:
tom-ford-lip-color-pink-dusk-swatch-fotd-1Spanish Pink shows up as true nudish peachy pink on me.
tom-ford-lip-color-spanish-pink-swatch
tom-ford-lip-color-spanish-pink-swatch-1Overall Look:
tom-ford-lip-color-spanish-pink-swatch-fotdSpanish Pink looks quite similiar to the YSL Rouge Pur 06 from the tube, but on the lips it appears darker and less glossy as it is much more opaque than the YSL.
Bottom Line: My weakness is pink lipsticks and as you may have known I have a huge collection of them, and Tom Ford just brought the pink lipsticks to a new level of sophistication and luxury. They are keepers but my HG are still the Suqqu Creamy Glow lipsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment