Wednesday, May 16, 2012

On my nails today is the Chanel Le Veris Sweet Lilac 615 . I don’t know how Chanel does it – they can always transform a basic color into something so beautiful and elegant in an expensive way. I am completely head over heels for these candy colored nail colors from the latest collection – they are so sweet and fresh, and surprisingly they don’t make me feel like I’m wearing a teenager’s shade! Love the sweet lilac – not an easy color to pull off for Asians with yellow tone, but this one completely complements my skin color and add a youthful pop. Quality is of standard Chanel- takes two coats for an opaque and streak-free cream finish.
chanel-le-vernis-sweet-lilac-615-summer-2014-swatches-1Bought them all (except for the eastern light which is a repromote – swatched here)!
chanel-le-vernis-summer-2014-swatches
And I have a lot more product reviews for the Chanel Summer 2014 makeup collection to come :-) Have a good weekend everyone!
Bobbi Brown’s skincare products are just as divine as their makeup line. Though it is primarily a makeup brand, the skincare products I have used are just far more superior than some other major big brands. A case in point is the Bobbi Brown’s Vitamin Enriched Face Base that remains as their best seller for many years..
Bobbi-Brown's-Vitamin-Enriched-Face-Base-review-2
This is a double duty product – it can be used as a moisturizer or makeup primer. I bought it for the purpose of using it as a makeup base. The minute I took it out from the box, I was drawn to its simple and sleek glass jar design, and its signature luxurious citrus scent. The texture is creamy but silky and lightweight, and it glides on skin soft and smooth like cashmere. It gives the skin an instant boost of moisture with a radiant glow, so it gives the appearance of more plumped skin.  This is a product for people with normal to dry skin, or anyone who wants to achieve a natural glowy complexion for a photo shoot. It makes the skin slightly emollient (but doesn’t feel like a film) with plenty of slip, so it allows the foundation and other base product to adhere to the skin much better as well as for ease of blending. The only drawback would be it makes my T-zone slightly oily after 5-6 hours of wear (which is fine with me as at this old age I appreciate any natural oil on my face!), so this will not be the right product for anyone with oily skin or living in humid/hot weather condition for daily use.

Bobbi-Brown's-Vitamin-Enriched-Face-Base-review-1
I personally do not like any primer that feels siliconey with a matte finish. My skin is dry, so I need a good moisturizer-like primer that is packed with nurturing ingredients that makes my complexion more smooth and dry patches free for subsequent makeup application. The Bobbi Brown is a savior for people with normal to dry skin as it turns any foundation into dream-like application for a radiant finish. It’s a just a classic product to have in your makeup kit.
Bobbi-Brown's-Vitamin-Enriched-Face-Base-review-3
I have used quite a few BB skincare products and I absolutely love them all – here are the backups of some of my favorite Bobbi Brown products!
Intensive Skin SupplementBuffing GrainsHydrating Gel CreamVitamin Enriched Face Base. I have also reviewed the luxurious Extra Rinse Balm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment